Friday, August 18, 2006

Gardening Suggestions?

The Wife and I are going to start doing some landscaping and I am thinking about making our backyard hummingbird enabled for the winter. Any suggestions?
I am thinking liquid feeders this year, while we decide what needs to stay and what needs to go in the backyard. We have a shady yard, and a partially built back porch or add-on room. My dream yard would have a vertical antenna tower for amateur radio (My other hobby), composting barrell. I would redesign our shed to include space for the lawnmower. There would be a water feature involving several levels and depths. I would probably keep little fishes (Mosquitofish, aka potgut minnows in Cheneyville, LA) in the bottom to feed herons. I bought a book at Lowes today called "Attracting Birds, Butterflies, and Other Backyard Wildlife" published by the National Wildlife Federation.

We'll see how it goes!

GB & KT Hoyt

No comments: