Monday, December 18, 2006

About Biking...

Whether birding or not, biking is great. Many of the birding trips I take I've done from the top of my wife's bike, or my own. The near silence of pedaling is something I cherish. One thing sticks out about biking about all else, it connects me with the trail. When I hike, or walk a trail, it's about the step, one step to the next, the jarring of each step adding to the slight ache of my feet. I hardly feel anything else but my chest moving up and down. When I bike, I feel my hands, my arms, my chest, my eyes, my legs, my knees, and I notice my feet less. It's like I'm something else besides feet!

That's a big deal for someone who's a geek like me.

So biking is great...
buff singletrack, or roadside, it's all good to me.

As far as birds go:
The story is now about American White Pelicans...

GB and KT

3 comments:

Gravy JMM said...

Hey K-Ro can you look at dada and say SLACKER BLOGGER

James said...

Hello,

I run a site called BirdwatchingBlog.com and wondered if you would
like to exchange bird watching links? I've already linked to your
site, and if you would like to return the favor, my blog info is:

Title: Birdwatching Blog
URL: http://www.BirdwatchingBlog.com

Thank you in advance for your consideration. :)

James

The Louisiana Bayou Rat said...

No bike trips lately?? Air is gonna leak out the tires. Hey Kareaux. Grandpa